After many years of only having a temporary Food Bank to help those in need we are pleased to announce the launch of our Food Bank in partnership with Chelmsford Foodbank
October 29, 2020
Fajr 5:12 am
Sunrise 6:48 am Zuhr 11:48 am
Asr 2:45 pm
Maghrib 4:38 pm
Isha 6:05 pm
First 12:30pm | Second 1:15pm
WELCOME TO CHELMSFORD MOSQUE
Chelmsford Mosque is the first Jamia Masjid in Chelmsford Essex.
This mosque is a central point of contacts to the Muslim Community in the Chelmsford and Essex area. The Masjid is open to visitors throughout the year.
We receive a large number of visitors from schools, colleges, universities and other institutions wishing to find out more about a mosque and the Islamic faith for projects and studies.
MOSQUE RE-OPENING GUIDELINES
Please see below important guidelines to follow when Chelmsford Mosque re-opens on Saturday 4th July 2020:
Who can Attend?
– Those aged 60 or below
– Not living with someone who is shielding or who is over 60
– Children aged above 10
– No Covid-19 symptoms (temp higher than 37.8c, a dry cough, loss of smell or taste, cold or flu like symptoms)
– Not shielding at home
– No underlying health conditions
– Not working on the frontline i.e. in hospitals
Preparation before Attending the Mosque
– Perform wudhu at home
– Pray the sunnah/optional prayers at home
– Bring your own prayer mat
– Wear a mask and carry your own hand sanitiser
– Bring a carrier bag to carry your shoes into the prayer area
– Bring your own copy of a pocket sized Qur’an to read or use a Qur’an app on your phone.
Attending the Mosque
– Limited to 40 worshippers. First come, first in
– Do not car-share or pick up others not belonging to the same household in your car.
– Do not shake hands or hug each other
– Observe the 2-metre social distancing rule when entering the mosque, inside the prayer hall and when exiting
– Expect to be registered and temperature checked
– Clean your hands with hand sanitiser
– Leave immediately after the fardh/obligatory prayer
– Pay attention to the signage indicating one-way traffic flow
Eid Prayers tomorrow insha'Allah Will be at 8,9,10 and 11am COVID19 rules Own Mask Own Prayer Mat Own Shoe bag Wudu at home, toilets closed Age 10-60 Limited spaces JazakAllah for your understanding during this difficult time
NEWS, ARTICLES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
There are following sisters circles commence every
– Monday 10am to 12pm (in Urdu and English). – Thursday 10am to 12pm (in Arabic and English).
If you want to visit the mosque, please book it in advance by telephone, email, post or in person. For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
Volunteers for Masjid
If you would like to be a volunteer to help the Mosque for any event management, please contact Ayman Syed, General Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org.